Protein 12 g
Carbohydrates 27 g
Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 57 mg
Sodium 258 mg
Potassium 405 mg
Phosphorus 155 mg
Calcium 54 mg
Fiber 2.4 g
Chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
3 small boneless skinless
1 1/2 cups
Fresh cheese tortellini (found by the deli)
Chopped fresh baby spinach
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese*
1. In a large skillet, melt butter and olive oil over medium high heat.
2. When the pan is hot, add cubed chicken and season with salt and pepper.
3. Allow the chicken to brown on all sides.
4. Don't stir it constantly, but let the chicken sear by resisting the temptation to keep it moving around in the pan.
5. When the chicken is cooked through and has a nice golden sear, remove it from the pan to a separate bowl and set aside.
6. Add another tablespoon of butter and a tablespoon of flour to the pan with the chicken drippings, and stir with a wooden spoon to loosen the brown bits on the bottom of the pan for a minute.
7. Then add the chicken or vegetable stock, and pesto and whisk with the butter and flour.
8. When the sauce is simmering, add the fresh pasta and cover.
9. Turn the heat down to medium low and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
10. Stir halfway through to make sure the pasta isn't sticking to the pan.
11. The pasta should be fully cooked, and now it is time to add the chicken back to the pan as well as the spinach, and Parmesan cheese.
12. Cook for 1-2 more minutes on low, just to wilt the spinach and warm the chicken back up.
13. Serve immediately.