Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 30 mg
Sodium 600 mg
Carbohydrates 37 g
Fiber 5 g
Protein 11 g
Calcium 40 mg
Potassium 240 mg
Phosphorus 150 mg
Linguine or similar thin pasta noodles
Extra virgin olive oil
Shallot (peeled and diced)
Fresh or frozen raw shrimp, peeled, tails removed, and patted dry
Crushed red pepper flakes (use less if sensitive to spice)
Fresh or Frozen green beans (if frozen then thaw)
Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish*
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente, according to package directions.
2. Reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta water, drain remaining water, then toss with a bit of olive oil to prevent sticking.
3. Set aside.
4. Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
5. Add the shallot and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
6. Add the garlic and cook 1 additional minute.
7. Add the shrimp, then sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon red pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
8. Sauté, stirring to coat with garlic, just until cooked through (both sides will be pink and opaque), about 3 minutes.
9. Remove to a plate and set aside.
10. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high.
11. Add the green beans and other vegetables, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon red pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
12. Cook until the vegetables are hot and lightly sautéed, 4 to 5 minutes.
13. Stir in the lemon zest and juice and remove from heat.
14. Add the pasta to the skillet and toss. If the pasta is too dry, add a bit of the reserved pasta water.
15. Serve warm, topped with parsley and Parmesan.
* - Quantity depends on your individual diet.