9 grams fat
14 grams protein
44 grams carbs
314 mg sodium
328 mg potassium
160 mg phosphorus
Medium yellow onions halved and
4 thinly sliced
Medium garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
Fresh ginger, cut into
Reduced sodium soy sauce
Rice vinegar (not seasoned)
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Place the onions, garlic, ginger, and bay leaf in an even layer in the slow cooker.
2. Remove and discard the skin from the chicken.
3. Arrange the chicken in an even layer on top of the onion mixture.
4. Whisk the soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, and pepper together in a medium bowl and pour it over the chicken.
5. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
6. Remove and discard the ginger pieces and bay leaf.
7. Serve with steamed rice.