Top Sirloin Steak (Cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes)
*The steak can be substituted for chicken if desired. Nutritional facts may very.
Bamboo or Wooden Skewers
Red Wine Vinegar
Minced Fresh Ginger
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1. Mix the marinade ingredients together in a bowl and add the meat.
2. Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, preferably several hours or even overnight.
3. Soak the skewers in water for at least 30 minutes before grilling.
4. This will help prevent them from completely burning up on the grill.
5. Cut the vegetables into chunks roughly the width of the beef pieces.
6. Taking care not to poke yourself, thread the meat and vegetables onto double bamboo skewers.
7. One way to do this safely is to put the piece that you are trying to pierce on a cutting board, and then push the skewers through the piece to the board.
8. Using double skewers will help you turn the kebabs on the grill.
9. If you keep a little space between the pieces, they will grill more evenly.
10. Paint the kebabs with some of the remaining marinade.
11. Prepare your grill for high, direct heat.
12. Grill for 8 to 10 minutes, depending on how hot your grill is, and how done you would like your meat, turning occasionally.
Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
Like Us on Facebook for Daily Impact Meal Recipes:
KidneyBuzz.com would like to remind all of its members to always check with your Dietician before making any changes to your recommended diet
Don't forget to order you FREE official KidneyBuzz.com Impact Meal Recipe Book!