Active Dry Yeast
Snipped Fresh Chives
Snipped Fresh Rosemary
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of the flour, yeast, chives, and rosemary.
2. In a small saucepan heat and stir water, 1/4 cup butter, sugar, and salt until warm (120 degrees F to 130 degrees F) and butter almost melts.
3. Add butter mixture to flour mixture.
4. Add egg and mashed potatoes. Beat with an electric mixer on low to medium speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly.
5. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes.
6. Use a wooden spoon to stir in as much of the remaining flour as possible.
7. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
8. Knead in enough of the remaining flour to make a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (6 to 8 minutes).
9. Shape dough into a ball.
10. Place in a lightly greased bowl, turning once to grease surface.
11. Cover; let rise in a warm place until double in size (about 1 hour).
12. Punch down dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Cover; let rest for 10 minutes.
13. Grease two large baking sheets; set aside.
14. Roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness.
15. Use a floured 2-1/2-inch biscuit cutter to cut into rounds. Brush with some of the melted butter. Reroll scraps as necessary.
16. To shape rolls, fold dough rounds in half, making the crease slightly off center.
17. Place rolls, larger halves on top, 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
18. Cover; let rise until nearly double in size (about 30 minutes.)
19. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly brush tops of rolls with the 3 tablespoons melted butter.
20. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Serve warm.
Makes about 30 rolls
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
Like Us on Facebook for Daily Impact Meal Recipes:
KidneyBuzz.com would like to remind all of its members to always check with your Dietician before making any changes to your recommended diet
Don't forget to order you FREE official KidneyBuzz.com Impact Meal Recipe Book!