Portobello Mushroom Caps
Freshly Ground Pepper
Part-skim Ricotta Cheese
Finely Chopped Fresh Spinach
Finely Shredded Parmesan Cheese
Finely Chopped Kalamata Clives
Prepared Marinara Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
3. Place mushroom caps, gill-side up, on the prepared pan.
4. Sprinkle with salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
5. Roast until tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, mash ricotta, spinach, 1/4 cup Parmesan, olives, Italian seasoning and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl.
7. Place marinara sauce in a small bowl, cover and microwave on High until hot, 30 seconds to 1 1/2 minutes.
8. When the mushrooms are tender, carefully pour out any liquid accumulated in the caps.
9. Return the caps to the pan gill-side up.
10. Spread 1 tablespoon marinara into each cap; cover the remaining sauce to keep warm.
11. Mound a generous 1/3 cup ricotta filling into each cap and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan.
12. Bake until hot, about 10 minutes.
13.Serve with the remaining marinara sauce.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
Like Us on Facebook for Daily Impact Meal Recipes:
KidneyBuzz.com would like to remind all of its members to always check with your Dietician before making any changes to your recommended diet.