Ground Almonds (Optional)
1. Beat egg yolks and sugar until light. Add almonds.
2. Beat egg whites until stiff.
3. Fold egg whites into egg yolk mixture.
4. Line a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with waxed paper.
5. Pour batter into the pan.
6. Bake in a 325F oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
7. Remove from the pan and cool. Cut into small squares.
8. To make blueberry sauce, puree 1/2 cup blueberries in a food processor or blender.
9. Dissolve cornstarch in cream.
10. Cook cream, remaining blueberries, and blueberry puree over low heat until thickened, about 5 minutes. Cool.
11. Stir in sugar substitute.
12. To serve, line a serving dish with 1/2 of blueberry sauce; arrange cake squares over blueberry sauce.
13. Top with remaining sauce. Spoon on yogurt. Serve immediately.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
Like Us on Facebook for Daily Impact Meal Recipes:
KidneyBuzz.com would like to remind all of its members to always check with your Dietician before making any changes to your recommended diet.