Beef Brisket (Fat Trimmed)
Bay Leaves (Crumbled)
Fresh Parsley (Chopped)
Reduced Sodium Beef Broth
1. Trim fat from beef brisket and sprinkle with black pepper.
2. Using a heavy pot or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat and brown meat 5 minutes on each side.
3. Remove meat and add onion, celery and carrots. Cook and stir 4 minutes to deglaze the pot.
4. Add bay leaves and parsley to vegetable mixture, and place meat on top of vegetables.
5. Pour broth, water and balsamic vinegar over meat to cover and heat until liquid boils.
6. Cover pot and cook in the oven at 350? F for 1-1/2 hours.
7. Turn meat over and cook an additional 1-1/2 hours until meat is tender enough to cut with a fork.
8. Remove meat from pot.
9. Add one cup water to pan juices and stir.
10. Strain liquid from solids. Discard vegetables and reserve broth for gravy (see recipe in "Sauces & Seasonings" section).
Slice brisket, top with gravy and serve.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
Like Us on Facebook for Daily Impact Meal Recipes:
This recipe was referenced from, Davita.