Chopped Green Onion
White Wine (optional)
Fresh Sliced Mushrooms
1. Wash and dry scallops on a paper towel.
2. Place scallops in a saucepan with margarine, green onions, parsley, thyme, and bay leaf.
3. Barely cover with wine (optional).
4. Bring to a boil, and simmer very gently for 4-5 minutes or until scallops are just tender.
5. Drain and save the broth.
6. If the scallops are large, cut them into smaller pieces. Set aside.
7. Melt 1 tbs. margarine in the saucepan.
8. Saute the mushrooms in it for one minute.
9. Add water, lemon juice, and pepper.
10. Simmer the mushrooms gently for a few minutes.
11. Drain and combine the mushroom liquid with the reserved liquid from the scallops.
12. Add scallops and heat and then cook for 2-3 minutes more.
13. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and crumbs.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
This recipe was referenced from, Renal Diabetic Diet, Kidney -Friends.net.