Sliced Red Bell Pepper
Unsalted Chicken Broth
Dried Parsley Flakes
Grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Cook fettuccini according to package directions, omitting any salt.
2. Drain fettuccini and set aside.
3. Melt margarine in a medium saucepan.
4. Add garlic and red bell pepper.
5. Sauté one to two minutes until vegetables are soft.
6. Slowly stir flour into the pan.
7. Cook one minute until smooth.
8. Add wine gradually, stirring until smooth.
9. Add broth, non-dairy creamer, parsley and black pepper.
10. Stir to blend.
11. Gradually add Parmesan cheese.
12. Reduce heat to low and cook 5 to 7 minutes until mixture starts to simmer.
13. Stir occasionally.
14. Toss the sauce with the drained fettuccini.
Serve with garlic bread and green leafy salad.
*Note that cooked shrimp or chicken can be added to the dish.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
This recipe was referenced from, Davita Care.