Fat Trimmed Short Ribs (Bone-In or Boneless),
All-Purpose White Flour
Reduced-Sodium Beef Broth
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Combine flour and pepper.
3. Roll short ribs in flour to coat.
4. Heat oil in a skillet, and brown ribs on all sides.
5. Place ribs in a roasting pan and roast uncovered for 45 minutes.
6. Carefully pour off extra fat.
7. Heat 1/2 tablespoon oil in a large pot and sauté chopped vegetables until soft.
8. Add roasted short ribs and beef broth.
9. Cover and simmer 2 hours or until ribs are tender.
10. To make gravy, brown 2 tablespoons flour in 1 tablespoon oil.
11. Add 1 cup of the meat liquid and stir over medium heat until thickened.
12. Serve 2 tablespoons gravy with each serving of short ribs.
Serve with rice and green vegetables.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING