Whole Chicken or Pre-Cut
Ground Black Pepper
Low Sodium Canned Tomato Sauce
Frozen Corn Kernels
1. Cut chicken into 8 pieces, if not already pre-cut.
2. Season with pepper and place in a slow cooker, add bay leaf and lemon juice. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours.
3. Skim the fat from the surface of the liquid. Remove chicken from the bones set aside. Reserve the cooking liquid.
4. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat and cook onions until they start to soften.
5. Add 1/2 cup of the reserved chicken liquid, tomato sauce, and celery to onions, and cook on high for two minutes.
6. Add frozen vegetables and cook for an additional minute.
7. Return all ingredients to the slow cooker on high for 30 minutes.
8. Meanwhile, cook 2 cups of instant rice to package directions.
Serve stew over rice.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
Feel free to submit any daily recipe suggestions that you would like to share with the community, or your thoughts about the Impact Meal of the day.
This recipe was referenced from, Fresenius Medical Care.