1. Melt butter and set aside to cool.
2. In a medium size mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder.
3. Stir milk into your dry ingredient combination.
4. Separate egg yolks from whites by putting whites in a small mixing bowl.
5. Add yolks and cooled butter to your milk mixture.
6. Beat egg whites with electric mixture until soft peaks form.
7. Add egg whites to the batter.
8. Let batter rest.
9. Spray heated griddle with canola oil cooking spray and preheat to medium high.
10. Pour approximately 1/3c. of batter onto griddle to form pancakes.
11. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until bubbles on the surface begin to pop and edges appear dry, then flip to other side, and cook for approximately 1 minute, or until done.
Serve with your choice of generous syrup or fruit toppings, as well as a glass of cranberry juice.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
Feel free to submit any daily recipe suggestions that you would like to share with the community, or your thoughts about the Impact Meal of the day.
This recipe was referenced from, Fresenius Medical Care.