90% Lean Ground Beef
French Style Frozen Green Beans
Thawed Julienne Cut Carrots
Ground Black Pepper
Wanton Wrappers (thawed if frozen)
Peanut Oil for Frying
1. On medium heat, brown the ground beef in a large skillet.
2. Add green beans, garlic, carrots, and black pepper to the cooked beef in the skillet and cook for 3 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool for 20 to 30 minutes.
4. Beat egg in a small bowl and set aside to use as "egg wash."
5. To assemble the Lumpia, place 2 tablespoons of beef and vegetable mixture on one corner of the wonton.
6. Fold the corner of the wonton over the filling, tucking in smoothly.
7. Continue to roll the wonton one more time, then fold in the right and left corners of the wrapper. Continue rolling to opposite corner.
8. Keep the wonton rolls tight and uniform in shape.
9. Set wrapped Lumpia aside on plate and cover with plastic.
10. Brush wonton edges with egg wash to seal.
11. Heat 3 cups of Peanut Oil in deep fryer or deep pan.
12. Fry Lumpia in oil for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown.
13. Drain on paper towel lined plate.
Serve with sauce such as: Apricot jam with vinegar and red chili flakes or Asian hot mustard.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
Feel free to submit any daily recipe suggestions that you would like to share with the community, or your thoughts about the Impact Meal of the day.
This recipe was referenced from, Fresenius Medical Care.