Turkey, fresh or frozen (avoid self-basting)
Low-sodium turkey stock from turkey giblets
1. Check plastic wrap on turkey to determine cooking time.
2. Preheat oven to 425º F. Remove neck and giblet bag from cavity of turkey.
3. Rinse turkey with cold water, then pat dry with clean paper towels.
4. Using several fingers, loosen skin from turkey breast and drumsticks.
5. Rub poultry seasoning onto turkey flesh under skin.
6. Place parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme sprigs between turkey skin and flesh.
7. Place a meat thermometer in the fleshy part of the thigh, without touching the bone.
8. Coat turkey with melted butter (or oil) and place breast side up in a roasting pan on a rack.
9. Cover loosely with aluminum foil. Cook 30 minutes then reduce heat to 325º F.
10. Begin basting the turkey every 15 to 20 minutes with the giblet stock and pan juices.
11. During last 30 minutes remove foil from roasting pan.
12. Cook until meat thermometer registers 165º F.
13. Let turkey rest 30 minutes before carving.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
Like Us on Facebook for Daily Impact Meal Recipes:
KidneyBuzz.com would like to remind all of its members to always check with your Dietician before making any changes to your recommended diet
Don't forget to order your FREE official KidneyBuzz.com Impact Meal Recipe Book!