Granulated Sugar or Stevia
All-purpose Flour or Almond Flour
Low-sugar Cherry Pie Filling
Mini Chocolate Chips or Cocoa Nibs
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Spray an 8x8-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
3. In a medium saucepan, melt the pargarine.
4. Add the sugar and stir until smooth and slightly cooled, 2 minutes.
5. Blend in the egg. Add the cocoa, vanilla, baking powder, and baking soda; stir until the cocoa is fully incorporated, 1 minute.
6. Add the flour and stir just until smooth, 1 minute.
7. Spread the batter in the prepared baking pan and top evenly with pie filling.
8. Bake until the top becomes slightly crusty, 8 to 10 minutes, then sprinkle on the chocolate chips.
9. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean with a few moist crumbs, about 8-10 minutes.
If you have advanced kidney disease you should note that this recipe is relatively low in phosphorus. However, all CKD and/or Diabetes patients should check with their Dietitian if they have questions about any ingredients in this recipe.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
Like Us on Facebook for Daily Impact Meal Recipes:
KidneyBuzz.com would like to remind all of its members to always check with your Dietician before making any changes to your recommended diet
Don't forget to order your FREE official KidneyBuzz.com Impact Meal Recipe Book!