All-purpose White Flour or Almond Flour
Grated Orange Rind
Sugar or Stevia
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Mix first five dry ingredients in a large bowl and stir well.
3. Place eggs, oil, and extract in a small bowl and beat until frothy, either by hand with a whisk or with an electric mixer for about 30 seconds.
4. Pour liquid mixture into dry ingredients. Mix with a wooden spoon until dough is mixed. Can use low speed on a mixer for about 1 minute.
5. Place dough on a lightly floured board and shape into a ball. Cut in half.
6. Roll each half into a log approximately 12" long.
7. Flatten top slightly.
8. Place dough on cookie sheet and bake until lightly golden, approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
9. Remove from oven.
10. Use a bread knife or other serrated knife and slice at approximately 3/4" intervals to get 18 biscotti per half of dough.
11. Place sliced biscotti back on cookie sheet with cut side up and bake until lightly golden, approximately 5 minutes.
12. Remove from oven, turn biscotti over and bake 5 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on a rack.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
Like Us on Facebook for Daily Impact Meal Recipes:
KidneyBuzz.com would like to remind all of its members to always check with your Dietician before making any changes to your recommended diet.
This recipe was referenced from, Davita.