Leg of Lamb (Boneless; Well Trimmed; Roled and Tied)
Oregano Leaves (Dried; Crushed)
Fresh Rosemary Leaves (Chopped)
Garlic Cloves (Minced)
Butter (Room Temperature)
Fresh Lemon Juice
1. Preheat oven to 325° F.
2. Wash and lightly trim the fat from the lamb and set aside in a roasting pan.
3. Blend the oregano, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper and half the soft butter or margarine together in a small bowl.
4. Make slits into the leg of lamb with a sharp knife and stuff the herb and butter mixture into the slits.
5. Spread the remaining herb and butter mixture over the lamb.
6. Mix lemon juice with remaining butter and pour over lamb.
7. Cover and bake 30 minutes for each pound.
8. After an hour, remove the lid, add the water to the drippings in the pan and baste often until the meat is well browned and tender.
9. Uncover during the last half hour of cooking for a crisp skin.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING